Monday 4 October 2010

Lanvin SS11






Walking to the beat of the urban jungle drum, Lanvin's woman is all about minimal tribal influences, loads of attitude and colours to make you weak at the knee's. Asymmetrical shoulders and bold, floating skirts round out the collection that's going to sweep through Summer like the blazing sun.
The strength that's given to women this season considerably re-affirms the role that fashion can play in psychological terms. Take for example my new place of employment. There's been great interest in my selection of outfits, and it's all because I'm simply offering something new and something they haven't seen before. It's placing them in a new frame of mind, and I guess, in a way it's also doing the same for me. I'm in work mode, I'm having fun and I'm thriving amongst the creativity and the challenge.
So there's little surprise that the fuss around the draping techniques behind Lanvin's last few seasons has been stripped back to reflect the minimalism holding the fashion industry in its grip. The end result may not be as distinctive, but the nuts and bolts are still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment