Tuesday 17 August 2010

'Today I'm Wearing'...




With naming rights up for grabs, I'd love to proclaim that I started the idea first, but who can really prove it? Receiving the UK Vogue Daily newsletter directly to my inbox, I was aware that Olivia Palermo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley were blogging about what they wore with an image to accompany, but I considered that with my video, the whole outfit from all angles could be seen.
The most interesting thing to note about the exercise though, is that The Observer Magazine in England's paper, The Guardian announced many other 'Today I'm Wearing' types of blogs are now emerging. Is it something that interests you? Is it something you could see yourself doing for a certain period of time? The biggest reason I undertook the task I'd set for myself was to see if there was a link to suggest what I was wearing affected my mood or if it was purely selected for the activity I proposed to participate in for that day. The results are relatively conclusive that there was a significant mix of both observations. I became aware that I had a certain 'style' that could identify apart me from others, and overall, it gave me a chance to share a snippet of my wardrobe to the world, albeit a little optimistically. It was a challenge on some days when I didn't want to wear something so 'dressed up'. Over 100 days, over a season or two, answers are bound to surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment