Monday 14 December 2009

Banana and Pecan Bread






With a very, very long drive looming for Christmas holidays next week, I took to preparing a banana and pecan loaf that will freeze and then be fresh and ready for the trip. It's a really easy mix and although it took a little while to cook, it was well worth it and the house had that homely baking aroma that I wish stayed around all the time. I thought I'd substitute a few ingredients for gluten and dairy free options as well and it's turned out perfectly. You might want to pre-heat the oven before you start to 160C.
1) Place 125g butter (I used dairy free Nuttelex again), 2 eggs and 2 bananas in a food processor and process until smooth.
2) Add 2 cups plain flour (I used Organs gluten free all purpose flour), 1 teaspoon baking powder (I used gluten free baking powder), 1 cup caster sugar and 150g pecan nuts and process until smooth. At this point I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon, purely because I'm a cinnamon junkie and add it to everything anyway. It's certainly added to the flavour and aromas.
3) Pour the batter into a rectangular loaf pan line with baking paper.
4) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. The skewer should come out relatively dry.
5) Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack.
Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment