Wednesday 2 December 2009

Summer Rumbling






The countdown is on, three weeks until Christmas graces itself upon us whether we're ready or not. And for me, I'm excited to be making plans that don't revolve around rushing back to Sydney for the first time in a long time.
Christmas for me, is always associated with South Australia (and sometimes Sydney and Perth just to keep things interesting); Christmas is where my family is. Port Lincoln always puts on a brilliantly relaxing show, and Coffin bay around the corner provides the oysters. I remember seeing Coffin Bay oysters on the menu in Europe and the overwhelming pull to my childhood and jetty jumping was strong. However, it's all about Adelaide this year, my birth place and the place where most of my extended family still resides. My dear childhood friend is also still in Adelaide and this year, it's our mission to do all the things we've always wanted to do but never had the chance. Day spa's in the Adelaide hills await, Barossa wineries have our names written all over them and I've heard a rumour about a cupcake tour in Handorf, could the possibilities be any more exciting?
So as you all pack your bags for a well deserved and way overdue holiday, or prepare yourselves for a rested time at home, it's December and I'm a calling one and all to get into the spirit of the festive season. "Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring ting tingle-ing too, come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment