Wednesday 15 September 2010

All in the detail...






I'm in the middle of packing, and it's the middle of New York Fashion Week. Never a dilemma one wishes to find themselves in very often, it's challenging to say the least. With my last day at work tomorrow, I'm counting on Friday to squeeze the last little pieces in, ready for Sunday.
And I pride myself on my attention to detail too. So it's only fitting that I notice the details when it comes to some of the collections.
Firm favourite Monique Lhuillier takes us on a whimsical and romantic journey, with hits of red and stunning accents particularly seen in this stunning crystal and tulle gown.
Prabal Garung is hitting his stride, a few season in now, and giving us all the commercial shapes that will sell and allow him to continue his creative dream in the future.
Likewise at Preen, where masculine tailoring inspired feminine styles. Accents from blazers and trousers were given a new twist when they were transformed into beautiful dresses and garments.
Victoria Beckham is apparently given more credibility thanks to her designer tag, rather than her tabloid life. So it's no wonder that the pressure was on. I don't know if this collection will sell out like her previous one, or be seen on as many celebrities this season, but it was typically her none the less, and she'll always fluctuate in popularity so the best may yet still be to come.
Thakoon is also giving us tiny little details on a rather blah collection. He's usually more creative than this, and I fear that the current retail climate may be dictating his risk barometer more than many of his dedicated followers would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment