Monday 28 September 2009

Me & My Oxfords

I've been on the hunt since Christmas for the perfect pair of Oxford lace-ups and I have friends who can vouch for that too. This style of shoe is the perfect alternative to the ballet flat and I tend to get sore shins from wearing flats that don't have anything holding them to my foot or ankle. Hands up anyone else who suffers from the same problem!
English shoe-maker, Rupert Sanderson, has made a gorgeous pair of cream patent leather Oxfords that I've eyed in David Jones all year but the price tag has always held me back. Sienna Miller is a fan of this exact pair but she's at least got the bank balance to boot.
My shining moment came last Thursday when I was reading one of my favorite magazines, Australian InStyle, and saw a pair of woven leather Sportsgirl brogues. Cue the choir, they're fabulous!! The way they're cut to finish further down the foot so that they're more seasonal is just what I was looking for. And to all who knew me from many years ago, yes that's them in the photo and yes they're dusty pink. Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment