Thursday 8 October 2009

On a roll





Don't stop when you're onto a good thing, right? I've caught the writing bug and if I was using a pen, at this point I'm in too deep to put it down. I'm not the only one... Tommy Ton is onto a very good thing in Paris and I've selected a few of my favourite looks captured off the runway. I would have put all of them up but in my opinion, they key to staying fresh is all in the editing.
1) Could she appear any more chic hiding from the rain in Chanel? We've had our fair share of down pours in Sydney this week but none of us maintain such an air as her. 
2) The Tulleries provide the perfect backdrop for this effortless look. Her blazer grounds the look as her dress is so light she could almost take flight. The colours are ideal for wearing a unique look like this though, without attracting too much attention. That seems to be the problem here in Australia, a lot of women want to wear something fun but don't want to stand out from the crowd. Follow her lead and subtly shine.
3) Gauge Karl Lagerfeld's eyes out? No no, the man is pure genius... but the handles in this bag take the shape of his famous sunglasses. Love it, say no more.
4) Straight off a movie set, this look appears so fun and uniquely Parisian that it couldn't possibly be replicated in Australia. That's your challenge. On your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment