Wednesday 26 January 2011

Australia Day 2011





I woke today to the most beautiful sunrise. Had I known it was going to reach such dizzying heights of extreme heat, I may have been less enthusiastic about such a magnificent sight.
But to me this sunrise brought about all that Australia Day means. I'm living in the country now, and I couldn't appreciate it more for its stunning backdrop off my back veranda, where the trees are plenty and the jasmine shading the deck.
I can't explain the fact that I made a Mexican specialty on the most Australian of days. Nigella's recipe for churros was calling my name, what can I say? But there's so much more to the relaxing day that comes with. Staying cool at the top of the list today. Nudging 43C in Pokolbin, it was one for the record books.
Happy Australia Day to all and I hope you spent it with a BBQ in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment