Saturday 8 January 2011

Lemon and Passionfruit Curd





Double hooray. We have all these passionfruits and many a reason to find to use them. After making a couple of batches of passionfruit friands last week, I decided I could make lemon and passionfruit curd for this evenings barbecue. I started out just making the lemon curd, lactose friendly of course.
1) I grated the rind of 1 lemon and juiced 2 lemons, combining them in a small bowl first.
2) Then in a separate heat proof bowl, I whisked 4 eggs and 1 cup of caster sugar. Slowly pour in the lemon juice and rind, whisking the whole time, and place over simmering saucepan of water. Don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water, and don't let it boil.
3) Then with a wooden spoon, constantly stir the mixture over the simmering heat until it becomes thick and custard like in consistency.
4) Remove from heat and whisk in 125g butter (or nuttelex for a dairy free option). Et voila. Lemon curd.
I then needed to fill two more cases with more curd so I decided to use those passionfruits.
1) Follow step 2 as above, and replace lemon with the filling of 2 passionfruits.
Repeat steps 3 and 4, and it's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment