Monday 1 March 2010

Donna Hay Cranberry and Oat Cookies





I love that to Danna Hay, a perfectly balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Couldn't agree with her more as I sit here on a chilled and rainy Monday afternoon following precisely her instructions, one hot little cookie in each hand.
Not beating about the bush, it's a packet mix, but one of the few packet mixes I can have without any dairy present. So it's simple enough to follow, all that's required is a bowl for the dry mix and cranberries. I also added some chopped dates at this point too, only because they're scrumptious. To add to the mix, 80g of softened butter (Nuttelex in my case) and one egg to combine it all together. As try as I might, the mix was still a little dry so I added a tiny dash of soy milk to bind it all together and it did the trick. Then spoon onto a tray and you're set. They only take about 12 minutes in a pre-heated 180C oven so don't stray too far from the kitchen. Cool on the tray for about 5 minutes then lay out on a cooling rack and there you have it. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment