Thursday 18 March 2010

A R C H I B A L D P R I Z E 2 0 1 0



The Art Gallery of New South Wales is one of my favourite places. There's always something new to see and who can deny that view over Woolloomooloo when you stand in the corner of that little room off to the left of at the end of the main entrance hall, do you know the one I'm talking about? There's a floor to ceiling window tucked behind a wall and it's hands down got to be the best view, it's so secretive.
Finalists for the Archibald Prize were released yesterday and the Packing Room Prize winner also announced. Sydney artist, Nafisa, has won the prize for her portrait of Glenn A. Baker, with incredible attention paid to light and shade, line and sketch. The overall effect is enthralling and I can't wait to see the others, opening at the Art Gallery of New South Wales on 27 March.

No comments:

Post a Comment