Monday 8 March 2010

Paris AW10 | Day Four






Oh so I get it now, apologies everyone, I'm blonde. I read a month or so ago that Collette Dinnigan wasn't showing in Paris and couldn't believe my own eyes. You have to wait to receive an invitation to show in Paris and she's been on the calendar for over a decade now. For her to challenge that, I thought it a little strange. But it turns out it was just the lady in question herself that was a no show, the garments were on full display and couldn't have been more succinct with each other, giving many options for many body shapes and desired styles alike.
Distorting all sense of reality, Comme Des Garcons AW10 collection resembled that of a designer aircraft flotation device. All I can say is I'll be on that next flight, it's completely off beat and that's what keeps things interesting.
Sophia Kokasalaki, you're back in the game. Welcome back, you're like a dear old friend. Your twists and draped necklines were pure Kokosalaki elegance and now all we have to do is get The Corner Shop open in Rozelle again so I can pick up wonderful pants from her label again.
I was getting a little worried at Viktor & Rolf, where were all their outrageous visual feasts? Growing accustomed to the fact that these boys make garments out of pillows and doonas or stage lights and the like, giving us such a run of relatively wearable outfits was almost just as shocking. The best was saved til last though, cue giant coat to unveil the sculpture.
Master of creation, Jean Paul Gaultier took us on a cultural journey with references from France to Russia and many in between. His vision is unstoppable and a force unto it's own, colour and textures coming together to give us a show that was fresh and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment