Wednesday 18 November 2009

7 Fantismes of Women






It will be three years on Sunday, since I flew from Sydney to Paris. I would love nothing more than to travel back there again, and my nostalgia for France lies firmly in this book. I was lucky enough to be taken on a private tour with a friend through Maison Moet et Chandon, given tastings of First Cru and amazing other treats. It's a time I'll cherish fervently and this book is a memento of that particular 'rock star' day.
Karl Lagerfeld's brilliance stems beyond fashion design into photography. 7 Fantismes of Women highlights the beauty of Moet et Chandon and features Helena Christensen seductively telling the story through these images. To me, it's a priceless book, not only for the sentimentality of where it came from, but for the relationship between luxury fashion and luxury drinks that inspires so many. Hardcover decadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment