Saturday 7 November 2009

Going Once, Going Twice, All Silent




I love a good auction. The fast talking auctioneer, the real estate agents hovering and negotiating, it's a buzz of anticipation and a learning curve like no other. For the past coupe of months I've been acquainting myself with the world of real estate. A few of my friends have been doing the same thing too, and it's always interesting to learn from each other, the ins and outs of buying property. Flicking through the newspaper this morning, I saw a one bedroom house in Sydney's inner west going for auction at 10am. Why not I thought, it would be good to go along and see how it goes, what price it gets, and what sort of people are in attendance. The auctioneer loved that fact that as we all spilled out into the street, surrounding occupants of residences were strolling back with their coffee's from near by Norton Street. He ran with it. "Location, location, location" he said, until he was interrupted by the plane flying overhead. Well, it would certainly want to have location and social ambiance going for it. The place was a great size for entertaining, but the bedroom? Well, we all need a wardrobe and I don't know where one would fit in this residence. It was brick, it was private, it had a great courtyard... But it went in for negotiations at $536,000 because the highest offer "didn't quite meet the vendors expectations". Greedy. Can you believe they were asking so much for such a small house? Real Estate is definitely on the up again if this morning's auction was anything to go by. I can imagine inhabiting that bedroom home would be somewhat like living in a hole in the wall, and all bunched up, but elegantly so and in style. These images are featured in this month's W Magazine. They portray my point perfectly and I love them. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment