Friday 21 May 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day fourty-six


Waking to one of the best surprises this morning, an overflowing cupboard of balloons filled our apartment for my 'New York' birthday, albeit 5 days before the real deal. It was magical, even a little Babycakes Wonder Bun made it with a candle to blow out, far too exciting for words. Ignore 'IT'S A GIRL' blazoned over the balloons, they make it all the more special because it's a wonderful surprise and I have to say, even though it's just the two of us, it really does feel like my birthday.
It was a spectacular day yesterday, reaching new heights at the observation deck of The Rockefeller Center. We then ventured into Anthropologie before setting off to The MOMA and finally, an afternoon in the very cool Mott Street and Elizabeth Street. That's where this dress is from, it was at a fabulous little vintage shop called Second Time Around and it's Banana Republic. Luckily I packed my waisted belt as on such a warm day, it's the perfect little dress to run around the city on my 'New York' birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment