Monday 3 May 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day twenty-eight


Does it detract from the fact that once again I'm in my jeans if I put a dress over them? Please tell me it's so. It's less than 24 hours now until take off so I'm pulling the last straw and washing it all later in the day to completely prepare for the exciting trip ahead. I'm feeling very light and carefree in my white shirt dress, it's a favourite in my collection by Willow and I always know I can count on it to make my look unique and true to my personality. I've been wearing dresses over pants for as long as I can remember and I love the fact that it's something not everyone else really does, it's nice. I feel like in some small way it's my style, all my own. I appreciate the article in this months Harper's Bazaar, of Leona Edmiston's sister-in-law wearing a dress over pants for her wedding in the early 90's. I couldn't take it to that extreme but each to their own I guess, she was comfortable and that's the main thing. So the next time I write, I'll be about to leave for the airport. Excited? I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment