Friday 19 February 2010

GoGo CoCo



Coco Rocha couldn't put it any better. She's telling her story to Vogue UK so I'm going to let you read the article word for word.

Not "Skinny" Enough? | Lauren Milligan | 18 February 2010

MODEL Coco Rocha has spoken out about the fashion industry's fixation on super thin models, claiming that at seven stone, seven pounds she is no longer working as she used to because she is deemed not "skinny" enough.

"I'm not in demand for the shows anymore," she says on her blog site Oh So Coco. "I've been told to lose weight when I was really skinny. Everybody knows that, in general, a basketball player needs to be tall and a fashion model needs to be skinny, but how skinny is too skinny?"

The model, who wears a UK size six, is slated to take part in the CFDA's yearly panel discussion on health, which this year focuses on the impact of sample sizes on the size zero debate, entitled The Beauty Of Health: Resizing The Sample Size.

"You know what, I've stopped caring," Rocha said. "If I want a hamburger, I'm going to have one. No 21-year-old should be worrying about whether she fits a sample size...I don't do nudes, I don't do semi-nudes, I don't do cigarette shots. It took me a long time in the business to realise I didn't have to do everything people told me I should if I wanted a career."

Read more on Coco's blog at http://ohsococo.blogspot.com

Go go Coco, you're better than them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment