Saturday 30 January 2010

Chloe Pre-Collection 2010






If there was a song to put these looks into words, for me, it would have to go to something like "You're just to good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you...". I couldn't think of a more fabulous collection, and I know it's only because I wear flat lace ups like these so it's not to everyone's taste. For others who enjoy something not so masculine, there are the quintessential chiffon pinafores with high collars and pretty pin tucks included for good measure. But what I'm most excited about are the capes. I got around Paris, Scotland, London and New York three years ago in a giant vintage egg shaped overcoat and thought it was brilliant, but I know it's not the easiest piece in the wardrobe to pull off. This Chloe collection is entirely reminiscent of that Diane Keaton, Katherine Hepburn slouched pants style, with a little of the other famous Hepburn (Audrey) thrown in in her cropped capri pants and loafers. There's a French label called Comptoir des Cotonniers and I bought about 6 different garments from them during my stay in Paris. One of the most treasured pieces is a cape with a high roll-over collar, and that was the first thing I though of when I was scrolling through the Chloe collection. I'm not saying you have to run out and purchase all these Stella McCartney and Chloe pieces, I'm just hoping you'll be inspired. Mission not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment