Sunday 3 January 2010

A Walking Signature






We've entered a new decade and are all hopefully thinking positively about the future, yet I've walked down memory lane having just returned from a fabulous festive break in my original home town of Adelaide. Sometimes we need to reflect on where we've come from to truly appreciate where we are today and where we see ourselves in the future.
This recent holiday in Adelaide blew me away.
Once Christmas Day had passed, the days following were jam packed with coffees on King William Road (very Queen Street, Woollahra even with its very own stand alone Jo Malone boutique), lunches at Stirling Hotel in the Adelaide Hills, massages in the Barossa followed by a picnic lunch at Maggie Beers, nights out at The 'Ed' Edinburgh Hotel and amazing restaurants like mantra, the markets for our gourmet NYE celebrations and Henley Beach. I couldn't have a greater appreciation for the city I was born in all topped off by a visit to the Haigh's Visitor Centre, could it get any better than that?
I recently read something that's stayed with me and I think it sums up what I like to think we can all aim to achieve this coming year. Become a walking signature of yourself and reflect yourself in a way that not only makes you happy, but makes others around you happy too. Always treat others how you wish to be treated and accept compliments rather than shy away from them. At times when I return to Adelaide, I'm never more aware of the fact that although I may come from there, I've certainly lived and grown up in Sydney. This is a reflection of me and I guess to put it simply, my signature. Keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment