Monday 4 January 2010

Edatrix






It's with no surprise that this time of year is a remarkably good one for looking through ones wardrobe and making a few updates if need be. I'm trying to do just that. There are a few staple pieces that most definitely need replacing after a well worn love affair has ground them beyond repair.
I was lucky enough to receive the magnificent V&A book documenting Christian Dior's work until his death in 1957. I'd briefly studied his 'New Look' that emerged to astounding success after WW2 throughout my years at uni, and now I can completely emerge myself in his style that spawned many trends to my hearts content. That's what started this edit of my wardrobe you see. New look I thought, but I really only need a new pair of black ballet flats to create many new looks amongst what I already have.
This isn't exactly part of my perfect shopping plan, as I try not to have a definite piece in mind to avoid disappointment when I can't find what I want. The solution is the fantastic end of year sales however, and this is the time to make those updates when need be. We were all out to dinner at mantra last week and the age old lesson was raised. If it doesn't quite fit properly or you're not absolutely in love with it, try not to buy it just because it's on sale. You work hard for your dollars and they're better spent on something you've wanted for a while so now it's on sale and you can spoil yourself. Solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment