Saturday 16 January 2010

Nude Noir




I have to admit I have a little habit of frequently checking celebrity tabloid websites. But to me, it's a daily update of what's happening internationally and from that, I make my own conclusions whether it be about trends or where certain celebrities are in the world.
Today, I was quite taken by the evidence that nude, and not the Jen Hawkin's kind of nude, is big on the red carpet at the moment. So is black, and so is white, and I'm thinking I'd like to see a little colour thrown in there for good measure, but I might be waiting a while. Style.com has listed it's trends from the SS10 collections and although they may include the provincial haystack romp style that Chanel has made famous, the minimal elegance over at Celine will be sure to make much more significant waves in the very calm seas. Yes, I know they also include the dramatic colours used at Versace or the bold prints from Proenza Schouler, but I'm talking the trickle down effect. What will the chain stores try to emulate and therefore, everyone on the street start to wear? We can see that nude, black and white have made an impact; I'm still going with the Celine cleanliness that will make work to play dressing oh so much more convenient.
Spice things up a little. With all this monochromatic as a canvas, add a jewel, or a pair of sunglasses, a scarf, un chapeau? Pretty please with a cherry on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment