Tuesday 13 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day eight


In a completely different frame of mind and ready to portray a sharper but still very personable look, I've gone for my favourite flat brogues and built the outfit around those. I've chosen the flats not only for the comfort factor, but also because I don't want to appear too intimidating today, I'm not in that kind of mood and I realise how tall I am in heels. Why is it that the general assumption to wear black when all else fails is such a predominant factor in so many people's lives? It's classic, yes, and it goes with nearly every other colour, I get that too, but it's such a strong determining feature in many wardrobes by today's standards that it would be nice to observe what happens to this staple in the next decade. It's only really since the 90's that black has had this kind of natural selection over many other colourful or even printed or textured garments that we may already own, when will the tables turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment