Tuesday 20 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day fifteen


With an exception to the rule, I've chosen conservative black for the day but not because it's a safe outfit, just because it's one of my favourite dresses by Willow. It's flattering and gives me shape at my waist, I also felt like wearing my Marc Jacobs pumps so it was the perfect combination, they compliment each other well. It's not necessarily a cold day here however I have to admit that I wouldn't wear this outfit without the tights, they give the overall look polish and it wouldn't be as pulled together or executed as finally if it were tight less.
I know I briefly spoke about the fact that the majority of people revert to black in their wardrobe when they "have nothing to wear", and as an observation I'd probably be opposite to that trend, but there is something incredibly comfortable about putting on an all black outfit and feeling as though you can take on the day with ease, not having to worry about the outfit once it's assembled.

1 comment:

  1. Great dress, would love to see the colar, but love the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete