Friday 23 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day eighteen


My goodness Collette Dinnigan knows how to dress the female form. When it comes to adding a dart here or finishing a hem there, this skirt and jacket are living proof that all it takes is to give shape where shape is due. And the femininity isn't lost on such structured designs either, with a tucked collar giving the jacket softness and the high waist of the skirt flattering my curves, this ensemble is one that I notice I walk differently in. I stand straighter, shoulders back, I smile because I like the colour. My Marc Jabobs pumps have now had two outings this week, lucky, lucky. They're the perfect height as they're not 7 inches tall, and I can walk or run (yes that's right, run) very easily in them, they're undeniably comfortable, the most important factor.
This is an outfit that today, makes me appreciate fashion even more, because we can always add a little twist to something that is otherwise conventionally classic. I always try to find the elegance in certain garments, and these all combined together, reflect that all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment