Thursday 22 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day seventeen


A contradiction of sorts, I've gone for a light and floaty dress for the forecast today, and given the look some weight with the addition of flat boots. It's lacking colour and keeping things neutral, but I feel comfortable in this outfit, this is something that reflects my style for everyday wear. I customized this Lee Matthews dress by dying it black from a very draining mustard yellow, and I took the hem up so it's flattering at the knee. It's almost a childlike freedom when I wear this dress, I can't explain the feeling but I know that there's a certain innocence in such a floaty dress. It's an interesting observation to note, because the silhouette of the dress shows off a more feminine style rather than for a child. Given the ties at the shoulders and back, however, the bows certainly reflect a similarity to enfant wear. Stepping out it grounded comfort, a walking signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment