Saturday 17 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day twelve


Without subjecting you to the sporty Saturday get up I was in for the majority of the day, here's what I've selected for a concert in the city with friends. Not that there's anything wrong with a Ralph Lauren Polo T-Shirt and black tights with runners, there's just nothing very exciting or worthy of critique.
This vintage suede jacket has served its purpose well, I'm still wearing it many years after I found it at my dearly departed Frock Exchange, no longer in Rozelle and offering a lower standard alternative. It's contrasting well to my Fleur Wood camisole and because I'm in heels, also vintage and scoured in Newtown, the jeans fit the bill perfectly. A dress would have been too over the top tonight and I feel comfortable in this relatively less-attention-grabbing outfit.
These shoes have special significance you see. I take a ladies size 40 shoe and anyone who has ever tried to go vintage shopping knows that there's little or no hope when it comes to finding pre-loved shoes over a size 36. I bought them to wear to my seventeenth birthday party that one of my dearest friends threw for me at her house, and I've never looked back. These shoes will go on my mantle piece one day when the threat of ruining them in their primary function is too high.

1 comment:

  1. I miss shopping in Newtown! I really like this look, especially the heels.

    ReplyDelete