Friday 30 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day twenty-five


On this gray and drizzling Friday, I'm now at the point in my preparations for traveling overseas where I am trying to wear everything before I wash it to pack. It's a game we all play at some point, so today I consciously tried not to wear my jeans as much as I really wanted to. I knew that I'd be wearing my trench because of the forecast, so the outfit went from there. It built itself from the ground up today, deliberately wearing boots for protection from the rain and tights for protection from the cold. When you consider that the primary function of clothing is to protect the body from the elements, you can be a little creative when it comes to 'fashioning' the body. This is one of my favourite sweater dresses of the many I purchased in Paris three and a half years ago. It's by an amazing high street label called Comptoir Des Cotonniers and I'm baffled that it hasn't filtered down to Australia yet. Although I have noticed some knock offs in Witchery when I perused the CDC site and found similar items the following week in our Australian counterparts stores. Comfort food, comfort dressing, this weather brings out the predictability in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment