Tuesday 6 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e


There is a deep desire to understand the psychological reasoning behind a person's decision making process when it comes to what they wear. For many reasons, people where a certain uniform to address the needs of their occupation, other times we dress formally for certain ceremonies and right's of passage. So when it comes to daily dressing, like many of those trying to analyze their food habits, is it possible to asscertain this information by keeping a garment dairy.
Welcome to the new chapter in P R O F I L E ' s history. In this experiment, I will keep a video diary of what I am wearing on a daily basis, documenting the good, the bad and the down right ugly. Trust me, there are plenty of those days too.
When Roland Barthes first established his fashion system, calling it 'The Language Of Fashion', it provided many arguments to support the notion that we instantly begin to justify or judge an image of a person as soon as there is text or commentary applied to it. So if I were to merely upload a video of my outfit without going into why I chose to put those garments on in the first place, there'd be a very different take on it to if I were to give an explanation.
This kind of critique is one of a kind in Australian blogging and I encourage you to follow my daily dairy by becoming a follower of P R O F I L E.
Clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment