Friday 16 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day eleven


Clearly clinging to a theme that I didn't even realise existed until I undertook this exercise, the white top is out for another run today. This time the temperature is requesting sleeves so I've kept it simple with plain black tights and ballet flats. It's casual Friday, I'm at the computer for most of the day today and comfort is essential. The pleasant surprise forms itself in the scarf though. I found this piece of fabric when I was cleaning my studio where I film and voila, I haven't made it into anything as yet so today it's sole purpose is for warmth. The colours work well with the blank canvas provided by the neutral contrasting black and white ensemble, and it's a nice change to lift the outfit with a splash of print.
The element of stars in a print can range from childhood right through to late adulthood, and on this particular piece of fabric, the fact that they're gradating in size also lends itself well to a more mature feel rather than if it were block sized and scattered stars. Age appropriation when considering a garment is something that stems from my experience in retail and it's so clear when someone isn't comfortable in what they're wearing, most often than not feeling too old for the garments.
Twinkle, twinkle little star.

No comments:

Post a Comment