Monday 19 April 2010

m i n d i n g m y l a n g u a g e | day fourteen


Completely unintentional, my look today is all equestrian. It's the boots, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although the days are still gorgeous, Autumn sun shining and blue skies for days, I'm feeling the cold and the boots keep me warm. Practical and classic, they lift this outfit than say if I'd been wearing my converse or my sandals.
This little cardigan is also a great cover over my shoulder and even though it's not full sleeve, it's keeping the chill away. That's the greatest thing about cardigans, they're so easy to slip on and off so layering them in this tran-seasonal weather is ideal. The Australian climate lends itself so well to cardigans for this very reason, save your big woolen jumpers for the cooler months. Likewise with my choice of shorts today. I was quite cold enough for long trousers, but had I been, I would have gone for my trusty jeans. They're fail proof. The shorts on the other hand are something I'm comfortable in, but not everyone feels as conservative in shorts, they're maybe more of a trend than a classic. Go with whatever you feel comfortable in, remember everyone will be able to tell if you're uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment